Health is a vital resource in human life, and a healthy lifestyle is essential for good health. But there is no definitive definition of a healthy lifestyle. However, there are some practical ways or guidelines that help stay healthy.
This article discusses the importance and benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Towards the end of this paragraph, six healthy eating tips provided by the UK National Health Service (NHS) will play a vital role in staying healthy. The World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines on leading a healthy lifestyle are also presented.
6 Tips on How to Start a Healthy diet
What is a healthy lifestyle?
Healthy lifestyles vary from person to person. Because not all people have the exact needs or the same way of living. However, overall well-being refers to being physically and mentally free from disease. And at the same time, gaining a long life is desirable for everyone.
A healthy lifestyle is related to life, including eating habits, cleanliness, exercise, Treatment, and occupation. That is to say, a healthy lifestyle is indicated by doing almost all daily life activities according to specific rules.
Why is a healthy lifestyle important?
Why do we need a healthy lifestyle? The answer is that a healthy lifestyle is essential if you want to have a disease-free and healthy life and longevity.
In the same way, an unhealthy lifestyle gives rise to various physical and mental ailments. For example, Irregularities in eating habits for a long time can lead to various diseases. And living a lazy and inactive life increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases, etc.
Importance of a healthy lifestyle
The beginning, the question may arise: What are the benefits of a healthy lifestyle? There are many benefits to living a healthy lifestyle that is described below:
- It increases the body’s resistance to disease and reduces the risk of various long-term and complex diseases, including high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancer.
- Communication with the hospital is reduced; that is, the cost of seeing a doctor and receiving medical Treatment is reduced.
- The American Heart Association (AHA) study found that a healthy lifestyle plays a key role in reducing premature mortality.
Also, a healthy lifestyle can be beneficial for the environment because it is essential to avoid processed foods for a healthy lifestyle. Because, Processed food produces deforestation and the production of greenhouse gases, and the use of plastics for storage is harmful to the environment.
How to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
Following are the guidelines issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) on healthy living.
- Food is one of the most essential ingredients for maintaining normal body function. And in taking this food, you have to make sure that the food is healthy and balanced at the same time; you need to take food at the right time and in moderation.
- Smoking increases the risk of lung cancer and heart disease. In addition, it can cause various diseases in the body, including problems with the erection of the male penis. And so, it is essential to quit smoking.
- Keep in mind that there are no safe levels of drinking alcohol. Alcohol can lead to various psychological problems, including liver cirrhosis and cancer. And so you should refrain from drinking alcohol.
- Excess calories are stored in the body as fat if you do not work hard or exercise. Excess weight or obesity is seen due to the increase in belly fat. It is important to do physical work or exercise to avoid this situation.
- High blood pressure is called a silent fatal disorder. In most cases, there are no symptoms in the early stages of high blood pressure. And so, regular blood pressure tests and blood pressure should be measured. And if necessary, you have to take regular medicine as per the doctor’s advice.
- Getting tested for diagnosis is an essential step before receiving Treatment. If the disease is not diagnosed and treated at the right time, the disease becomes more and more complicated, leading to death at the same time. It is also important to get tested to prevent certain diseases. For example, to prevent thalassemia, both boys and girls should have a blood test before marriage.
- Vaccines should be given for all the diseases that have been instructed to be vaccinated against them. For example, it is important to take the covid vaccine to prevent corona. The HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) vaccine is also recommended for girls between the ages of 11 and 26 to prevent cervical cancer. And for babies, there are six vaccines from birth that should be taken at the right time.
- Must have legal relationships and safe sex. Illicit and multiple sexual intercourses can lead to more serious sexually transmitted infections, such as AIDS, HPV infection, gonorrhea, syphilis, etc.
- To avoid infectious diseases (influenza, pneumonia, tuberculosis, covid-19), proper hygiene rules must be followed. For example, a Tissue or handkerchief should be used while sneezing and coughing. Or you have to cover your face with your elbows.
- To avoid mosquito-borne diseases such as malaria, dengue, chikungunya, and lymphatic filariasis, you need to sleep with a mosquito net (even during the day).In addition, to prevent the spread of mosquitoes, care must be taken to ensure that water does not accumulate there.
- Water is not another name for life, but pure water is another name for life. Drinking contaminated water can lead to various water-borne diseases, including diarrhea, cholera, and typhoid. And so you have to boil the water or filter it or drink water from a safe tubewell.
- Breast milk is the most beneficial and healthy for the baby. At the same time, if the baby is breastfed, it reduces the risk of breast cancer in the mother. Breastfeeding should be done from birth to 2 years.
- At present antibiotic resistance has become a significant problem for human health. And so, to prevent this problem, one should refrain from using drugs unnecessarily. Antibiotics should not be taken without a doctor’s advice.
- Food must be prepared according to proper rules. The prerequisite for preparing food is cleanliness and at the same time, the food should be cooked so that it is well cooked. In half-cooked foods, the virus can carry bacteria. Also, avoid using extra spices in food.
- Cleanliness ( Personal Hygiene) must be observed. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap before eating and after returning from the toilet.
- You should go to the doctor without feeling ashamed of mental illness. And to prevent it, especially to get rid of depression, you need to get along with family and friends.
- Traffic laws must be obeyed to avoid any road accident.
List of foods to stay healthy.
To stay healthy, you need to take food according to the body’s needs. Generally, a man needs 2500 calories daily, and a woman needs 2000 calories. The following summarizes the guidelines issued by the UK National Health Service (NHS) regarding healthy eating.
- Eat more high-fiber foods, such as potato, bread, brown rice, pasta, cereals, etc.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits. Eating seasonal fruits is beneficial for health like mango, jackfruit, litchi, watermelon, pineapple in summer, orange, lemon, Amalaki, etc., in winter.
- Saturated fats and trans fats, which are harmful to health, should be removed from the diet list. In addition, sugar should be avoided because sugar is called white poison.
- It is necessary to make eating more fish instead of meat as animal meat is a habit because fish contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which are beneficial for health.
- Excess salt should not be eaten with food. The maximum daily salt intake for an adult is 6 grams.
- It is important to take care that the body does not accumulate excess calories due to eating. That means taking a moderate amount of food and regular exercise.
- An adequate amount of pure water should be drunk. It is recommended to drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. However, drinking soft drinks (carbonated beverages) is not healthy.
- Many people skip breakfast for weight control, but it is harmful to their health. And so breakfast should be eaten at the right time, but of course in moderation.
A healthy lifestyle is so essential for living a healthy and beautiful life. And so the above-mentioned scientific and effective methods of the World Health Organization and NHS should be followed. However, if it is impossible to follow all the rules at once, it can start slowly.